A water dispenser is an excellent appliance in each home and office. These units provide access to cold and hot water, whereas some provide access to room-temperature water on top of the two temperatures. The only challenge that comes up when you need a water dispenser is selecting the appropriate one and one that will meet your needs and desires. However, worry no more since here is a rundown of the top 10 best water dispenser for home use in 2019. In addition to that, we have discussed the type of water dispenser as well as the factors that you need to consider so that you can choose the desired unit.
Types of Water dispensers
Before going any further, I believe that it would be best for you to know the various types of water dispensers. Therefore, have a look at the different types so that you can know the design that will meet your needs and desires.
Bottom Load Water Dispenser
One of the common types of a water dispenser is the bottom loading type. It is suitable for office settings since it lets you hide the jug so that it can offer a modern and professional look. An added advantage of these types is that the jug stands at the bottom of the machine. As a result, it serves as a perfect choice for the elderly since you do not need to lift the heavy jug and turn it upside down.
Top Load Water Dispenser
Unlike the bottom loading type, the top load water dispensers require that you lift the water bottle dispenser and turn it upside down. The dispenser doesn’t conceal the bottle like the bottom load counterparts. However, this type of dispenser is cheaper than the bottom load type. Also, it is easier to maintain and simple to operate
Countertop water dispenser
Looking for the best water dispenser for home when you are dealing with limited space? You should consider this type. The dispenser is usually compact to allow so that it does not have to take a lot of space. As such, it serves as a great choice when you are in need of a dispenser that will serve as a great choice for use in apartments.
What to consider for you to buy the best water dispenser:
Apart from the type of the dispenser, what are the other factors that you need to consider for you to select the best? Some of these factors include
How much space do you have available for the water dispenser? You do not want to add a unit that will clutter the space available in your kitchen. Therefore, if your space is limited, consider the countertop models. However, if space doesn’t matter a lot to you, better opt for the top loading or bottom loading model based on your needs and preferences.
The best water dispenser should provide a big capacity so that you do not have to refill it often. Therefore, based on the number of people in your home, be sure to acquire a dispenser that provides for a reasonable capacity so that you do not have to refill often or wait for so long so that you can deplete the amount of water.
3. Child safety lock
This goes without saying. A good dispenser should provide a child safety lock, and this applies to those that deliver hot and cold water. Therefore, if you have a kid at home, it is best for you to get a dispenser that features a child safety lock on the hot side of the water. After all, you do not want to burn your little once by having him/her draw steaming hot water.
4. Ease of Use
In addition to safety, a dispenser should be easy to use so that you do not have to take a lot of time trying to figure out how it works. Also, it should be easy to clean and maintain. Therefore, get a dispenser with a drip tray and removable parts since these play a major role in enhancing ease of cleaning.
Top 10 Best water dispensers in 2018:
10. Bottleless Water Cooler Dispenser (w/3 Stage EZ Change Filtration System, Hot and Cold Black)
There is no need for running to the store when you want to buy a bottle of water, the reason I recommend Atlantis water dispenser. The dispenser serves as a great emergency water supply since it can filter, store, and protect the water with or without electricity. It can be used to hold water that serves 1-35 people on a regular basis which means that it is not only perfect for use at home but also in commercial settings.
The dispenser can dispense hot, cold, or room-temperature water based on your needs. The water it dispenses is completely clean and safe to drink since it includes a completely assembled 3-stage water purification and filtration system. Among the three stages are stage 1 that comprises a 5-micron sediment filter, stage 2 that consists Coconut Carbon GAC, and stage 3 that involves 5 Micron Carbon Block.
You can be sure to have an easy time when you want to install this unit since it comes with a universal kit that includes everything that is required when you want to set it up. Apart from that, the dispenser features an on/off switch which makes it easy to operate. The dispenser is easy to clean due to the internal stainless steel frame and the fingerprint-proof modern exterior. Not only that, but it also includes a dishwasher-safe removable drip tray further making it easy to clean.
- A scratch-resistant polycarbonate cabinet enhances durability.
- High-efficiency commercial compressor with a low cycle rate ensures cost efficiency.
- An automatic overload protector guarantees safety.
- Adjustable cold water thermostat allows you to customize the water temperatures.
9. Clover B14A Hot and Cold Bottled Water Dispenser
Serve refreshing chilled drinking water or hot water once you get Clover’s hot and cold bottled water dispenser. The unit features stainless steel tanks which means that you can get it with an assurance that it will not contaminate your water. It is controlled using an adjustable thermostat so that you can set the cold water temperature at around 35.6°F-53.6°F. The temperature of the hot water is nonadjustable but automatically controlled to nearly 185°F.
You can get the dispenser when you are in need of a unit that is easy to operate since it comes with a convenient on/off switch that controls the electric power of the heater. Also, the disposer serves as a perfect pick when you are in need of one that is easy to clean due to the removable one-piece ABS drip tray.
Clover B14A water dispenser has an Energy Star rating which means that it meets the energy-efficiency guidelines set by EPA. It includes a high-quality water cooler that is made using a high-density polyethylene body to guarantee durability. Apart from that, the unit comprises a double float valve with a secondary safety float mechanism so that it can reduce water loss due to much spillage.
- It is CE, NSF, and UL certified to guarantee safety and quality.
- The dispenser doesn’t require assembly.
- A lightweight and stable design.
- Stainless steel tank reservoir doesn’t interfere with the taste of the water.
- The unit can withstand a bit of abuse.
- It doesn’t include a built-in filtration system.
- No bottle cover.
8. Flojet 5000 Series Bottled Water System with Single Inlet 115V US Plug
Pump recipe-quality water from commercial bottles using this water dispenser. It is designed for convenience and portability so that you dispense your water from any location. One of the features that make the 5000 Series bottle water system a unit worth it is the illuminated on/off switch. This lets you get clear visibility even in the dark so that you can use it at night.
Apart from that, the water system features a Quick connect port. Because of this, you can be sure to speed up the installation process as well as the replacement of suction and discharge tubing. The dispenser is suitable for use in quiet rooms due to the quiet operation design and the noise-dampening rubber feet. With it, you can be sure to have a unit that is safe to use since it shuts off when the water is depleted, while it restarts automatically once you replace the bottle with a full bottle.
- It is easy to install.
- The power cord is long to enhance convenience.
- High-quality and well-built unit.
- It is a little bit noisy and slow.
- It doesn’t make a good seal over the bottleneck.
7. Avalon Top Loading Water Cooler Dispenser
Avalon Top Loading allows a user to choose between a crisp cold and piping hot output, making it ideal for hot beverages or cool refreshments.
This unit features a child safety lock on hot water to ensure that your child does not accidentally turn on hot water. You’ll be very impressed by its stylish slim design that is not bulky – this means that it’ll fit into just about any corner of your home.
- It is super easy to set up.
- An adjustable thermostat in the back of the cooler lets you adjust the water temperature.
6. Ready Hot RH-100-F560-BN Hot Water Dispenser System, Includes Brushed Nickel Dual Lever Faucet
Get hot water when you need it once you get Ready Hot, Hot water dispenser unit. As the name suggests, this unit lets you get ready hot water which enables you to make tea, coffee, pasta, or soups instantly. The unit can deliver 190-degree hot water from the 780Watt instant hot water tank. It delivers 60 cups of 190F water per hour making it suitable for use in commercial settings.
You can get Ready Hot RH-100-F560-BN dispenser system when you are in need of a water dispenser that is safe to use. The reason is the automated heater protection that prevents tank burnout in the case of a dry start. The unit includes a brushed nickel hot and cold faucet making it easy to use.
- It is easy to install.
- The water flows fast.
- A dual handle style faucet makes it easy and convenient to use.
- There was a complaint about the taste of the water for the first few days.
5. Whirlpool Bottom Loading Commercial Water Cooler with Ice Chilled and Steaming Hot Water in Stainless Steel
As one of the best water dispensers, Whirlpool dispenser is a self-cleaning unit that uses the 6th Sense Self Cleaning technology. The technology enables it to use injections of unstable oxygen to break down the bacteria and viruses. As such, you can be sure to have it deliver water that is safe to drink. Whats more, the dispenser features a digital display. This shows when the self-cleaning mode is running to ensure the purity of the water.
The dispenser can be used in any room even the modern decors, thanks to the vibrant, full stainless steel front. Once you get it, you can be sure of getting a durable water dispenser due to the 5th generation bottom loading technology that adopts a powerful, durable water pump. The pump works in conjunction with a commercial water pump so that it can suck up the water remaining in the bottle more than other dispensers.
In addition to that, the dispenser features a solid steel frame that can hold over 300lbs and solid water faucets. As a result, you can get it with a guarantee of acquiring a dispenser that is built to last. The dispenser can deliver chillingly cold water as well as hot water. The hot water remains steaming hot at all times to allow you to make tea or coffee instantly. The dispenser is suitable for use with 5 and 3-gallon bottles which allows you to use it in commercial as well as home settings.
- A compressor and thermostat outlast others to enhance reliability.
- A hot button that is toddler-resistant ensures safety.
- Resource SaverTM switch on the back of the dispenser lets you turn off the hot water when it is not in use.
- The dispenser uses a cooling technology that forms ice inside the water tank so that it can deliver refreshingly cold 40°F water.
- A patented technology maintains water at a steaming hot temperature to guarantee a well-brewed cup of coffee.
- The bottom cabinet where the 5gallon container lies is easy to open which is quite a risk for homes with kids.
- The unit makes some noise when operating.
4. InSinkErator H-WaveSN-SS Involve Wave Instant Hot Water Dispenser System with Stainless Steel Tank, Satin Nickel
Enjoy hot water right when you need it with InSinkErator’s dispenser. The product comes as a set of an instant hot water dispenser and a 2/3 gallon stainless steel hot water tank. The tank is a re-engineered 750Watt unit that provides near-boiling water so that you can get hot water when you need it. Whats more, the unit comprises an adjustable thermostat. This lets you control the temperature from 160°F to 210°F so that you can customize the water temperature based on your needs. The hot water dispenser features a durable metal construction to guarantee durability.
Also, it includes a hot level that shutoffs automatically so that you can get it with an assurance of safety. You can get the unit for use in traditional and contemporary designs since it features a transitional design. On top of that, it serves as a perfect choice when you want to save some money due to the low energy consumption. The dispenser can mount on the edge of the kitchen sink which makes it a perfect choice when you want a do-it-yourself installation. It requires a 1-1/4″ to 1-1/2″ diameter holes and a 3″ maximum counter thickness.
- A stylish design that blends seamlessly into most kitchen decors.
- A low profile design fits into small kitchen spaces.
- The dispenser dispenses near-boiling water.
- Self-closing hot valves ensure safety.
- The dispenser features a metal construction while the tank features a stainless steel construction to enhance durability.
- It is easy to set up using the easy-to-follow instructions.
- The tubing between the faucet and tank is a little bit small.
3. Avalon Premium Hot/Cold Top Loading Countertop Water Cooler Dispenser with Child Safety Lock. UL/Energy Star Approved- Black
Dispense hot or cold water in the office, at home, or the hospital with Avalon’s premium dispenser. It features hot and cold water spouts which make it ideal for toasty beverages or cool refreshments. Its spouts feature an easy-to-use paddle style design to assure you of getting a convenient dispenser where you can press the cup against the paddle to let it flow.
The machine includes a highly-efficient compressor which makes cold water crisp and ice-cold approximately 47° F. As such, you do not have to add ice cubes to the dispensed water since it comes when it is cool enough. Whats more, the unit includes a hot faucet. The faucet dispenses water that is hot enough to let you prepare tea, coffee, or other steaming hot beverages at approximately 180° F.
Because of the hot water, the unit includes a child safety lock on the hot water faucet making it safe to use in homes with little kids. Adding on safety, the dispenser is UL/Energy Star Approved to assure you of having met the safety standards. It is suitable for use with 3 and 5-gallon bottles so that it can provide enough water for family or office use.
Avalon Premium dispenser measures 12x12x19 inches, where it features a 7″ space below the spout so that it can accommodate large cups and bottles. Also, it includes a large removable drip tray at the bottom which allows it to hold spills. You can get the top-loading dispenser for use in offices and small spaces due to the slim and stylish design.
- The dispenser helps one to save time when you need a cup of tea, coffee, or cocoa since it delivers instant hot water.
- Convenient carry handles on the sides make it easy to carry.
- It is super easy to set up.
- An adjustable thermostat in the back of the cooler lets you adjust the water temperature.
- The dispenser fits well on a countertop without taking a lot of space.
- Most customers complain about the cold water not being cold enough.
2. Whirlpool Self Cleaning, Hot, and Cold, Stainless Bottom Load Water Cooler with LED Indicators
Start drinking more water with this hot and cold water dispenser. It adopts the 6th sense self-cleaning technology that uses unstable oxygen to break down the viruses and bacteria in the water. Therefore you can get it when you want to dispense water that is safe to drink. More to that, the dispenser features an LED indicator. The indicator shows when it is self-cleaning and when the hot and cold water is in optimum temperature to enhance convenience and ease of use.
- It is easy to load.
- The dispenser operates quietly.
- Led light makes it suitable for use at night.
- Easy bottom load design eliminates the need for lifting heavy water bottles.
- Self-cleaning mechanism enhances ease of maintenance.
- The dispenser delivers genuinely ice cold water and hot water.
- LED lights run all night.
1. Primo Stainless Steel 1 Spout Self-Sanitizing Bottom Load Hot, Cold and Cool Water Cooler Dispenser
Dispense ice-cold water or pipe hot water with a push of a button when you get this dispenser. The unit is a bottom loading water cooler that lets you access ice-cold water and pipe hot water instantly with push-button controls. It features a sleek design that enables it to add a stylish look to any decor. The unit includes a removable, dishwasher-safe drip tray that reduces the need for cleanup.
It is safe to use due to the child-resistant safety feature on the hot water control. Also, the unit is UL certified to guarantee safety. With it, you can forget about the flipping and lifting that occurs when loading the dispenser due to the easy bottom loading design. Also, the dispenser delivers a clean look in all decors since the bottles come while concealed inside a cabinet.
Primo white dispenser is a perfect choice for a water dispenser that is easy to install since it doesn’t require plumbing. The unit is Energy Star rated which means that it serves as a perfect choice when you want to save a lot of money through the energy bills. It is designed for use with a 3 or 5-gallon bottle of Primo water.
- It heats water fast and evenly.
- A sleek design adds a stylish look to a variety of decors.
The units discussed above are a perfect combination of reliability, power, durability, ease of use and affordability. So, give them a try without a doubt of getting the best water dispenser for home use. However, do not forget to consider the factors we had discussed earlier since these should help you determine a dispenser that is not only the best but also one that will meet your needs and desires.