Technology has played a big part in transforming our lives, and our vehicles have not been forgotten in this. One of the features incorporated in today’s cars to enhance a better riding experience include a touchscreen stereo radio which allows you to benefit from a variety of functions; among them streaming audio from smartphones, USB devices or online Apps. Also, the device lets you benefit from a hands-free calling so that you do not have to deal with your phone when driving.
So, have you been looking forward to upgrading your old car by adding a car stereo radio? If that is the case, you may be wondering what the top 10 best touch screen car stereo radios are, and what are the features to look for so that you can choose the ideal unit. To help you make the right choice without having to waste much time and energy, read this guide to the end and get an answer to these questions.
10. EinCar Android 6.0 Marshmallow 6.2 inch Head Unit Double Din Car Stereo Supports GPS Navigation Car DVD Player in Dash 2 Din Car Radio Bluetooth HD Capacitive Touch Screen Wi-Fi
This is a 6.2″ car stereo that features an HD 16:9 capacitive multi-touch screen. It includes built-in GPS navigation which allows you to find your location. The GPS feature supports both online and off-line Navi App which makes it convenient to use. The stereo’s head unit supports the dual zone function so that you can listen to music or radio when navigating. Also, it supports full HD 1080p video as well as all audio and video formats so that you can benefit from a range of entertainment. You can use the stereo with a range of Android and iPhones thanks to the universal compatibility.
The car stereo supports Mirror-Link making it possible to achieve picture, video, and audio in the phone synchronized playing. Also, it supports built-in Bluetooth so that you can maintain your hands on the steering wheel when playing music or making phone calls. Apart from supporting the video and audio formats, the double din is compatible with AM/FM radio making it possible to listen to the radio when driving. You will also appreciate the fact that the DVD player supports the OBD2 function which makes it possible to find out whether your car has any malfunction.
- It connects to Wi-Fi while it supports the full Android feature allowing you to use Google Play Store for a variety of applications.
- The head unit includes a multi-colors button that lets you customize the car logo and the wallpaper.
- A 10mm heat sink in the back of the car stereo enhances efficient heat dissipation.
- The car stereo lets you customize the Digital/Analog TV and the 3G dongle functions.
- A built-in map and pre-installed software allow you to use the GPS function as soon as it arrives.
- The unit comes with a free external microphone.
9. Pioneer AVIC-6200NEX in Dash Double Din Navigation Receiver with Built-in Bluetooth and HD Radio
Benefit from a variety of entertainment once you get Pioneer’s 6.2” WVGA touchscreen display. The radio features Apple Carplay and Pioneer MixTrax technology so that it can create a non-stop mix from your music library. What’s more, it features a built-in HD radio that lets you listen to AM/FM radio. Pioneer AVIC-6200NEX car stereo comes when SiriusXM Radio Ready while it features an App Radio Mode so that you can be sure of its compatibility with other apps directly from the dash.
You can use it to listen to music from an iPod and iPhone, thanks to the USB Direct Control feature. With it, you do not have to worry about getting lost from not knowing about your location due to the navigation features such as HERE® map database. Also, the radio features a Total Traffic Network tuner that provides real-time traffic data for over 90 major North American cities making it highly convenient for you to travel.
Its built-in Bluetooth technology is another plus that lets you stream audio and benefit from hands-free talking. Not only that but the radio is steering wheel control ready which further makes it easy to control. When the radio is Bluetooth-enabled, it works with most Bluetooth-enabled cell phones where it supports a maximum communication range of 32.8feet. Also, the car stereo supports playback for different file formats including DVD/DVD-R/RW/CD/CD-R/RW, MP3/MP4/WMA/AAC/FLAC/JPEG/AAC, among others.
- AM/FM tuner with 6 am, and 18FM Presets allow you to preset your favorite stations to enhance easy and better control.
- The car stereo supports different languages such as French, English, and Spanish.
- Speed limits and warnings allow you to drive safely.
- The radio features different inputs which include a 3.5mm Rear Auxillary input, 3 sets of 4V preamp outputs, HDMI input, and 2 rear USB inputs.
- It doesn’t include an on/off switch.
- The navigation takes a lot of time below allowing to get the exact location.
8. Pumpkin Android 8.0 Car Stereo Radio Double Din with Navigation, WiFi, 4GB RAM, Support Fastboot, Android Auto, Backup Camera, 128GB USB SD, 7 inches Touch Screen
As one of the best touchscreen car stereo radio, Pumpkin double din allows you to get the benefit of a faster running radio due to the newest Android 8.0 system that incorporates the 4GB RAM Octa Core CPU. Apart from that, the radio features 32GB ROM which allows you to install more apps. As soon as you get this unit, you can be sure to have an easy time controlling your iPhone and Android device due to the Android auto and the iPhone screen mirroring function. What’s more, the double din supports voice commands that make it easy for you to access messages, phone calls, use the map, and listen to music.
Other additions of the double din include a GPS navigation and pre-loaded google map. Because of these, you can be sure to find your location with much ease. Also, the unit supports an SD card and USB drive up to 128 GB assuring you of enough space to store music and video. You can use the car stereo to listen to the radio due to the high-quality radio IC that enhances better AM/FM.RDS reception. The double din features a 1024 x 600 HD touchscreen that supports 4K/1080p HD video. In addition to that, it features an AV-out function which lets you enjoy music and video from USB/SD or YouTube video on your headrests.
- The radio has a fast booting speed.
- It includes a 4.9ft Wi-Fi antenna for better reception.
- The OBD2 function allows you to diagnose your vehicle.
- 1.5m long Wi-Fi antenna enhances better signal reception.
- Built-in/external microphone supports hands-free calling.
- The double din supports an RCA type reverse camera input which allows it to switch to reverse screen when reversing the car.
- Steering wheel control allows you to change the track and volume conveniently.
- The unit doesn’t support speed-sensitive volume control.
7. JVC KW-V830BT Double DIN Bluetooth In-Dash DVD/CD/AM/FM Car Stereo Receiver w/ 6.8″ Touchscreen LCD Display, Apple Car Play, Android Auto
Next on the review is JVC KW-V830BT double din car stereo receiver. It features a 6.8″ LCD panel and a touchscreen that makes it easy and convenient to operate. On top of that, the receiver features a high-resolution audio playback to enhance convenient operation. You can listen to the music from Bluetooth-enabled devices once you get this receiver due to the DVD/CD car stereo receiver. The receiver also supports AM/FM radio making it a great plus when you are in need of a versatile unit.
- The stereo delivers a high-quality sound.
- It includes physical volume buttons
- Steering wheel controls enhance convenience when operating the car stereo.
- There are only two levels of brightness, and these depend on the headlights.
- The screen delivers a terrible glare when driving in the sunlight.
6. Boss Audio BVCP9675A Double Din, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, Bluetooth, 6.75″ Capacitive Touchscreen Mech-Less (No CD/DVD) AM/FM Receiver, MP3/USB
Concentrate on driving while making and receiving calls with Boss Audio’s CarPlay. The unit features Android Auto and Apple CarPlay that seamlessly integrate your smartphone with the car’s built-in controls and display. As such, you can make phone calls, send, and receive messages, access music, and get directions as you remain focused on the road. More to that, the Double Din is Bluetooth compatible. This makes it easy for you to make/receive calls and control music with apps such as Pandora and Spotify wirelessly.
You can get this double din when you are in need of one that can play USB/Bluetooth, WMA/MP3, and AM/FM radio due to the universal compatibility. Also, the unit serves as a great choice for audio from MP3 players and Smartphones. With it, you can control the sound of such music using the preset Built-in EQ. More to that, you can change your music using the existing steering wheel controls or the touchscreen.
- The unit can charge USB devices using the built-in USB port.
- Multi-colour illumination options allow you to customize your lighting.
- Hi-Res Audio feature lets you listen to high-quality audio.
- A rear camera output powers the rear camera automatically when the vehicle shifts into reverse mode.
- An Auxiliary input allows you to connect an external device such as an MP3 player or smartphone.
- It takes some time for the radio to start.
- The unit doesn’t feature a radio preset feature.
- The USB drive doesn’t list the songs in folders which makes it difficult to navigate.
5. Lexxson Android Car Radio Stereo 7 inch Capacitive Touch Screen High Definition 1024×600 GPS Navigation Wireless USB SD Player 1G DDR3 + 16G NAND Memory Flash CT0011
Taking the fifth spot is Lexxson’s Android Car Radio Stereo. It features an Android smart head unit that lets you download online Apps so that you can use YouTube, Spotify, and Pandora. What’s more, the stereo features Built-in Wi-Fi so that you can connect to Wi-Fi and play music, video, and games online as well as update Apps. In an aim to help you benefit from easy navigation, Lexxson Android Car Radio Stereo features a built-in Sygic map, and it also allows you to download any navigation map app.
That’s not all since the unit lets you benefit from online navigation like using the Google map once you connect Wi-Fi. The radio supports FM/AM radio and Bluetooth music. Also, it lets you answer calls wirelessly so that you can remain focused on the road. You can download your phonebook on the head unit which makes it easier for you to make and receive calls.
- 7″ TFT capacitive touchscreen makes it easy for you to control various features.
- High definition 1024 x 600-pixel screen lets you see every detail of the displayed items.
- 1.3G Quad Core CPU with 1G DDR3 enhances fast speeds.
- Preset Multi EQ settings allow you to customize the sound based on your preference.
- A TF Slot allows you to use a memory card.
- Build in 16G Flash Memory provides storage for navigation maps, video, and music.
- It doesn’t support voice commands for the Google Maps.
4. JVC KWV140BT Double Din Bt In-dash Dvd/CD/AM/FM Car Stereo W/6.2 Touchscreen
Featuring a 6.2″ multilingual display, you will love JVC KWV140BT Double Din when you are in need of the best touchscreen car stereo that will allow you to customize it based on your language. As such, it serves as one of the best picks when you want to present it as a gift. On top of that, the radio supports customizable GUI so that you can communicate to it through symbols or the voice. You can use the double din for a hands-free calling, thanks to the Bluetooth compatibility.
Also, the car stereo supports a variety of other file formats including MPEG/WMA/WAV/JPEG/AAC/MP3/FLAC, among others. You can get the double din when you are in need of one that will let you listen to radio due to the AM/FM Radio Capability. In addition to that, the stereo serves as a perfect pick when you are in need of a double din radio that is convenient to operate due to the remote control application that makes it easy for you to operate smartphones.
- Bluetooth feature supports iPhone/iPod/Android Playback as well as Audio streaming and control.
- The USB port support music playback and 1.5A charging.
- Steering wheel controls make it easy for you to operate the double din radio.
- The radio delivers an amazing sound after adjusting the EQ.
3. Pioneer MVH-200EX Double Din Bluetooth in-Dash Digital Media Car Stereo
Update your old’s car stereo with Pioneer’s MVH-200EX double din. The radio features an 800 x 400 resolution clear-resistive touchscreen to allow you to view every detail of the videos. What’s more, it features a 24-bit true color panel while it allows for color customization to enhance clear images. You can use the Double Din system to listen to the music on your smartphone, thanks to the Android music support that recognizes Android Smartphones.
Also, the device allows you to access the music in a flash drive via the optional USB cable. Pioneer MVH-200EX Double Din is iPhone and iPad compatible which makes it ideal for a variety of entertainment. In addition to that, it supports a hands-free calling and audio streaming plus audio/video playback from an MP3 player or Android smartphone to allow you to stay focused on driving.
- Bluetooth microphone allows for hands-free calling and audio streaming.
- An AV receiver with Bluetooth helps to improve your in-vehicle entertainment options.
- The stereo includes a wireless harness kit and manual that makes it easy to install.
- The display isn’t bright enough.
- The unit takes about 20 seconds for it to connect to a phone.
2. Pioneer In-Dash Double DIN 6.2″ WVGA Display Built-in Bluetooth Multimedia DVD CD MP3 USB AM/FM Touchscreen Dual Phone Connection Car Stereo Receiver
Another car stereo from Pioneer is this 6.2″ WVGA Display. It features built-in Bluetooth to enhance wireless music streaming and a hands-free calling. On top of that, the Double Din is Apple and Android compatible to enhance versatility. The car stereo is 2006 CEA Compliant to guarantee quality and safety. With it, you can be sure to listen to high-quality sound due to the front, rear, and subwoofer output. Also, the unit features an RCA video output which you can use to enhance the connection to separate monitors and other devices.
- The double din is easy to use.
- The screen is very responsive.
- It connects to an iPhone very easily. The double din
- An EQ feature allows you to meet your audio needs.
- It has a limited number of HDMI and USB ports.
1. Kenwood 6.2″ Double Din Touchscreen DVD CD Bluetooth USB iPod Android Siri Eyes Free Dual Phone Connection Variable Color Illumination Car Stereo Receiver w/FREE NUTEK EARBUDS
Clinching the top position is Kenwood DDX418BT In Dash Receiver. The receiver features a 6.2″ LCD touchscreen display that adopts an 800 x 480 resolution so that you can be sure of getting every detail of the display. Whats more, it supports Direct iPod and iPhone control so that you can effect the connection of a standard USB-to-iPod cable and USB-to-lightening cable. The unit features a Bluetooth In-Dash AM/FM/DVD receiver making it possible for you to listen to the radio.
- The Bluetooth connectivity enhances flawless Pandora, music playback, and calling.
- The USB stick can be used to update the software.
- The receiver includes a loudness on/off feature, volume offset, bass boost, and even high pass and low pass filters.
- Several EQ presets enhance the quality of the audio.
- It is easy to set up and install.
- The screen resolution isn’t very reliable.
- The metal cage that surrounds the radio is much bigger than the actual radio.
- The radio takes a lot of time to switch from one song to the next.
How to select the right touchscreen car stereo
What should you pay attention to for you to select the right unit among the reviewed double din radios? I hope the features below will help.
¬ Quality and size of the display
Most of us do not forget to consider this feature, but it is worth mentioning if you want to get the right touchscreen display. Note that you will need a car stereo radio that features a reasonable size of the screen since you will not want to strain the eyes for you to view the wordings.
Therefore, better opt for a radio with a big display. Also, it should feature bright yet colorful presentations for better viewing. Therefore, get a radio that features a display with bigger icons and improved graphics. That way, you can be sure to have a touchscreen that will not lead to a lot of strain.
¬ Quality of the sound
For you to get the appropriate touch screen car stereo, get a radio with the best audio quality. After all, what is the use of getting a radio with the best video quality yet one with a low sound quality? Therefore, look for features such as EQ presets, adaptable fine-tuning, enhanced processors, as well as amplifiers.
¬ Bluetooth compatibility
When looking for the best touchscreen car stereo, you will need one that is compatible with Bluetooth if you want to maintain a hands-free calling and wireless audio streaming. Therefore, get a Bluetooth-compatible radio so that you can avoid having to deal with wires and enjoy a variety of music.
You may also want to get a radio that features application controls for apps such as Internet Radio, Pandora, and Spotify.
¬ GPS Navigation feature
If you want to experience better mobility, it would be best for you to stay in progress with the current technological changes. Therefore, opt for a car stereo that includes the GPS feature, and better yet, WiFi connectivity. With this feature, you can locate shorter routes and better yet, be sure to stay on track even when driving in new places.
¬ Number of Inputs
Today’s car stereo radios come with a variety of inputs to allow you to play music from a variety of devices. Therefore, whether you want to stream music from the phone or listen to the music stored in your flash drive, be sure to consult with your seller and ensure that you get a double din stereo that will support such inputs. Do not forget to get a unit that features a USB input since it can help you charge the phone in addition to helping you play music.
I hope that this guide has been useful to help you locate the best touchscreen car stereo. Remember, these products are reasonably priced while they include the best customer reviews from the previous clients. Therefore, do not fail to give them a try since they are designed to help you get the best user experience.