Table of Contents
- 10. Mercury Optimax /DFI 2-Cycle Outboard Oil 1 Gallon 92-858037K01
- 9. MAG1 61790-pk6 Full Synthetic 5W-30 SM Motor Oil – 32 oz., (Pack of 6)
- 8. Castrol 06249 EDGE 5W-40 Full Synthetic Motor Oil, 1 Quart, 6 Pack
- 7. Liqui Moly 2041 Premium 5W-40 Synthetic Motor Oil – 5-Liter Jug
- 6. Valvoline 0W-20 SynPower Full Synthetic Motor Oil – 5qt (813460)
- 5. Castrol 03083 EDGE 5W-20 Full Synthetic Motor Oil, 5 Quart
- 4. Royal Purple 51530 API-Licensed SAE 5W-30 High Performance Synthetic Motor Oil – 5 qt.
- 3. Mobil 1 (120769) High Mileage 5W-30 Motor Oil – 5 Quart
- 2. Castrol 03087 EDGE Extended Performance 5W-30 Full Synthetic Motor Oil, 5 Quart
- 1. Mobil 1 120764 Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-30, 5 Quart
In today’s modern lifestyle, everything seems to be under pressure including cars. It is estimated that on average, engines run 14,000 miles annually. Moreover, regular oil gives you 3,000 miles of drive time before a change. Using the right synthetic engine oil could get you up to 10,000 miles of drive time.
However, with so many brands in the market, it can be difficult to know the best synthetic oil that will protect sensitive parts of your engine as well as improve performance.
Here are the top ten best synthetic motor oil products in 2017.
10. Mercury Optimax /DFI 2-Cycle Outboard Oil 1 Gallon 92-858037K01
Specifically designed for direct injected 2-cycle outboard engines, this synthetic blend oil has all the additives meant to increase resistance to scuffing and lubrication. In addition, it’s able to minimize carbon buildup, which in turn helps to maintain an engine’s tip speed and acceleration.
9. MAG1 61790-pk6 Full Synthetic 5W-30 SM Motor Oil – 32 oz., (Pack of 6)
The MAFGI 61790 is formulated with friction modifiers, which help to reduce engine wear. This synthetic oil has high retention, which extends wheat performance. Also, the excellent resistance to extreme temperatures makes it one of the best picks in the market. With its reasonable price tag, you’ll be surprised by the performance the 61790 offers.
8. Castrol 06249 EDGE 5W-40 Full Synthetic Motor Oil, 1 Quart, 6 Pack
It is one of the carefully formulated synthetic oil. The 06249 edge works by reducing volatility and protecting important engine parts from damage. Also, it enables your car to operate efficiently. Moreover, with the Castrol 06249, you do not have to worry about oxidation interfering either your car’s performance. The oil has components that work against oxidation and vices of wear. Furthermore, the motor oil meets various car manufacturers’ viscosity standards.
7. Liqui Moly 2041 Premium 5W-40 Synthetic Motor Oil – 5-Liter Jug
Although pricey than normal motor oil brands, the Liqui Moly is worth every cent. Designed for both diesel and gas engines of various types including turbocharged and supercharged variants. Furthermore, being 5W-40 rating, this synthetic oil delivers oil rapidly to the engine even in cold temperatures.
When your oil changes tend to have a prolonged time interval, this is the brand to get. Being a reliable brand, it’s recommended for high performance. If you have a luxury or sports car, this oil will help your engine run quietly and smoothly.
6. Valvoline 0W-20 SynPower Full Synthetic Motor Oil – 5qt (813460)
Valvoline has been in the motor oil business for years as the first ever-automobile race in the US, The car that won used Valvoline motor oil. The 0W-20 SynPower of the Valvoline motor oil is designed for engines with higher mileage. Moreover, going past 70,000 miles can prove a challenge to keep your car engine working without a glitch. Fortunately, you can make the shift to the SynPower. It’s what is was manufactured for.
If you want your old car to work in spite of high mileage, the full synthetic motor oil is an excellent choice.
5. Castrol 03083 EDGE 5W-20 Full Synthetic Motor Oil, 5 Quart
Castrol 03083 Edge is strong and advanced engine oil that optimizes the performance of your vehicle. Being at least three times stronger than traditional oils, the Castrol 5W-20 fights engine deposits by over 40% while eliminating oxidation and preventing wear. With this synthetic oil, you can be at peace knowing that your engine will work in any weather condition effectively.
4. Royal Purple 51530 API-Licensed SAE 5W-30 High Performance Synthetic Motor Oil – 5 qt.
Regarded as a premium manufacturer, Royal Purple products are some of the best in the market. The 5W-30 comes recommended for cars that use rotary engines. When running a high mileage engine, it’s best to perform a few short mileage oil change intervals when switching to this premium synthetic oil. Also, this allows it to dissolve any sludge deposits. With its improved compatibility with fuels containing ethanol, Royal Purple offers better wear protection as well as increase fuel efficiency.
3. Mobil 1 (120769) High Mileage 5W-30 Motor Oil – 5 Quart
Mobile 1 Extended performance 5W-30 is a highly rated brand perfect for engine protection and lubrication. This oil has been shown to eliminate sludge and deposits as well as extend your car’s engine life. Moreover, it’s compatible with engine seats. Enjoy the best performance even in extreme weather conditions such as cold weather and low temperatures.
2. Castrol 03087 EDGE Extended Performance 5W-30 Full Synthetic Motor Oil, 5 Quart
With its ability to perform for 15,000 miles between oil changes, Castrol 03087 is a must have engine oil. The synthetic oil boasts of the ability to maintain viscosity even under the extreme force of an engine. Having met GM dexos 1 performance requirements, Castrol 03087 can be used in various car models such as Ford, Honda, and Chrysler. Last but not least, its unsurpassed wear protection makes it an excellent choice if you drive for long hours.
1. Mobil 1 120764 Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-30, 5 Quart
Mobile 1 is known for its outstanding performance. With its ability to reduce sludge buildup and deposit, the 5W-30 also helps to reduce leaks. Also, this synthetic oil is excellent for wear protection and lubrication. The highly rated synthetic oil outperforms other brands in the market. Last but not least, this oil has also been shown to maintain low viscosity even in extreme temperatures. What’s more, it boosts fuel economy and extends your engine’s lifespan.
While it’s true that certain cars do not need synthetic engine oil, the reality is that most of the high performance needs it. The right oil offers engine durability as well as better performance. Get one of these brands if your manual indicates use of synthetic motor oil. Though you’ll find it pricey that traditional engine oil, in the long run, it will save you on engine repairs costs.