Do you want to create a home gym but it is difficult to do so due to limited space? If so, did you know that you can still benefit from a full body workout without having to purchase a variety of gym equipment? That might not be known to you, the reason I want to enlighten you today.
With the best indoor rowing machine, you can benefit from a full body workout since this machine is designed to build a strong back and raise your heart rate so that you can increase your metabolism, eventually resulting to burning calories and fats effectively. That not all, since the machine is designed to let you reduce weight in a safe and low-impact way without causing strain to the joints.
That said, however, it is crucial for you to find the best rowing machine since not all are designed to help you reach your fitness goals effectively and efficiently. To help you locate the best rower, we shall have a look at the top 10 best rated indoor rowing machines in 2019. Have a look and be the one to determine the machine that will meet your needs and desires.
10. Goplus Magnetic Folding Rowing Machine Row Machine Rower Exercise Cardio Fitness Equipment W/ LCD Monitor
An outstanding way to increase your fitness is by using Goplus Magnetic Folding Rowing Machine. The machine provides a means by which you can work out the whole body so that you can exercise your muscles and burn fat. One of the features that make the machine effective when you are in need of a full body workout is its adjustable resistance and foot straps.
In particular, the machine adopts a magnetic tension system with ten levels of adjustable resistance so that you can adjust the resistance to that which will help you work out effectively. More to that, the machine includes large anti-slip foot pedals that feature adjustable foot straps making it a great choice for different people. You can get the rowing machine when looking for one that is designed to last yet one that will let you exercise comfortably due to the aluminum beam that provides a smooth and quiet rowing experience.
Its padded seat and non-slip handlebars are other features that make it worth when you are looking forward to benefiting from comfort when exercising. The machine includes a clear LCD that displays the calories, total count, time, count per minute among other characteristics so that you can stay focused during the workout. Once you get it, you can be sure to have a machine that is easy to use, move, and store due to the built-in wheels that make it easy to transport.
- Non-slip pedals protect you from accidents.
- Memory seat cushion enhances comfort.
- A clear LCD helps one to track his/her fitness level with a lot of ease.
- Easy to fold away and store in place after exercising.
- A maximum user weight of 220lbs makes it suitable for use with a variety of persons.
- The machine works well and quietly.
- It is easy to assemble and use.
- The sliding seat makes some noise when in use though not so noticeable.
- The Velcro straps are not of the best quality, and they do not fit some feet sizes.
- The seat is not very comfortable to allow you to practice for a long time.
9. Pure Design Fitness Indoor Rowing Machine – Valor with Dual Rails with Steel Frame, Water Flywheel, and VR2 Monitor
Get a full body workout in the comfort and privacy of your home once you get Pure Design Fitness Indoor Rowing Machine. The machine is made with beech dual rails while it features a steel frame that makes it a perfect choice for everyday training. What’s more, it features a lasting powder coat finish while its rails feature a special Danish oil finish. Hence, you can be sure to have a rowing machine that is designed to offer strength and performance.
You can get this rowing machine when looking for one that is designed to deliver the feel of rowing in an actual body of water due to the patented water flywheel system that provides a natural rowing motion. Also, the machine serves as a great choice when you want to reduce strain on the joints since it emits a relaxing sound of rushing water with every stroke.
With it, you can be sure to exercise without the need for any adjustments due to the water wheel technology that offers self-regulated resistance. Also, the machine allows you to track your fitness level since it features a VR2 monitor that displays the distance covered and workout intensity. Once the workout is over, you can store the machine inside closets, or under the bed due to the foldable design.
- Steel frame and lasting powder coat finish enhance durability.
- Self-regulating resistance enables the machine to deliver results fast and conveniently.
- The machine is beautiful and solid.
- It is easy to put together and comes with the required instructions.
- The LCD is not easy to read when practicing.
- It doesn’t include a non-volatile memory so that you will not have to re-enter the preferred settings before each workout.
8. First Degree Fitness Apollo Pro II Rowing Machine
Get a challenging workout with the turn of a dial once you acquire this rowing machine. The machine features a steel head frame and hand lacquered sustainable American Ash wood side rails so that you can get it with an assurance of a rowing machine that will withstand years of hardcore workouts. Also, it features built-in transit wheels that make it easy to move when you want to store it.
You can expect to get a life-life water rowing experience when you get this machine, thanks to the rapid recoil system that allows for rapid strokes to enhance a total body workout. Also, the machine features a maintenance-free belt drive making it a great choice for a rowing machine that is easy to maintain. Due to the deluxe ergonomic handles, you can be sure to get a comfortable grip for the minimized strain on the forearm, hands, and wrist.
In addition to that, the machine features a contoured seat that aids in enhancing comfort further. With it, you can be sure to have a rowing machine that will protect you from accidental slips due to the textured finish that provides a better grip. Also, the machine lets you keep track of the fitness level since it includes a multi-level computer that displays the distance, stroke per minute, heart rate, watts, time, calories burned per hour, among other features.
- A dial-controlled water-filled tank that utilizes a rapid recoil system to enhance lovely rowing strokes without dead spots.
- Adjustable footplates and straps make the rowing machine suitable for different-sized persons.
- Multiple levels of resistance deliver the seamless progression that enables it to fit different levels of fitness.
- A maintenance-free, and durable drive belt enhances a smooth and quiet rowing experience.
- Instructions are quite contradicting.
7. Water Rower Club Rowing Machine in Ash Wood with S4 Monitor
A machine that serves as the best indoor rowing machine for high-traffic areas is the Water Rower Club Rowing Machine. The machine features a solid ash wood that absorbs sound and vibration to enhance a quiet workout. More to that, it is finished with a black and rose stain and danish oil to enhance style and durability.
You can expect to gain the physical and physiological benefits of rowing once you get this machine due to the patented water flywheel that is designed to emulate the dynamics of a boat moving through water. Also, you can expect to benefit from a quiet, smooth, and self-regulated resistance since the flywheel sits in an enclosed water tank.
The machine measures 84″W x 21″H x 22″D where it is designed to store upright. It includes a series 4 performance monitor designed to track the heart rate, workout intensity, stroke rate, and others so that it is easy for you to keep track of the progress.
- It is easy to assemble.
- The rower is smooth and sturdy.
- It is easy to store away when it is not in use.
- The machine operates quietly and smoothly.
- There is no water-level sticker on the tank. Therefore, it requires one to measure the water manually.
6. Harvil Hydraulic Rowing Machine Adjustable Resistance with Folding Arms, LCD Monitor & Safety Straps
Take the step to enhance a firmer body and better posture with Harvil’s Hydraulic Rowing Machine. The machine is designed to enhance optimum workout through a range of movements. More significantly, the unit features a water tank and flywheel that is meant to create a self-regulating resistance system so that it can eliminate the need for a motor.
Apart from that, it features a durable steel construction that enhances strength making it a perfect choice for everyday exercising. The machine measures 50 L x 36.2 w x 20 H inches while it weighs 34lbs. It is designed to support a maximum user weight of 265 pounds making it a perfect choice for a range of persons
With it, you can customize your workout by adjusting the tension using a manual control knob so that you can enhance a total body workout. Also, you can track your progress through the easy-to-read LCD monitor that displays the calories burned, total strokes, time, and so much more to provide a means by which you can reach your fitness goal. The machine is designed to enhance comfort when working out due to the molded seat glides and the pivoting footplates.
- Safety straps on the pivoting foot plates make the machine suitable for use with a variety of feet sizes.
- The machine comes with all the necessary parts.
- It features a compact, ergonomic, and durable design.
- The control knob makes it easy to adjust the tension making it easy to customize it to suit your needs.
- The LCD monitor is easy to read.
- The machine is quite heavy to lift.
- The feet straps are quite flimsy and do not secure the feet well.
5. Stamina ATS Air Rower
Bring your workout at home with this Stamina’s machine which is proven to provide an unsurpassed aerobic workout without causing strain to the joints. The rowing machine can help you improve the fitness through a low impact, full body workout that targets the major muscles while raising the heart rate level so that you can have an increased metabolism to help you burn calories effectively.
One of the factors that make this machine effective at this is the dynamic wind resistance. In particular, this feature requires you to row faster or harder so that the machine can increase the level of resistance, or slow down so that it can deliver less resistance. Away from that, the machine features a multi-function monitor that displays the speed, time, calories, burnt and distance. Because of this, you can track the progress and adjust your routine accordingly so that you can meet your desired weight level.
The Stamina Air rower is comfortable to handle, thanks to the upholstered and padded sliding seat that enhances comfort even during the routines that take a lot of time. Also, it features textured hand grips and adjustable nylon foot straps that enhance comfort for different-sized users. You can use the machine with an assurance of safety when working out, thanks to the floor protectors that safeguard the working area to prevent skidding. The machine measures 77 x 18 x 22 inches while it weighs 54pounds. It is designed for use with a weight capacity of up to 250lbs.
- A solid oversized seat rail that supports different bodies enhances durability.
- Adjusting the resistance level is easy.
- The machine stores easily in a closet.
- It is easy to set up.
- Clearly printed instructions that include detailed diagrams make it easy to assemble.
- The machine makes some noise while in use.
4. Stamina Avari Programmable Magnetic Exercise Rower
Burn fat, improve your heart rate and build your strength with this Stamina’s programmable magnetic exercise rower. The machine features a backlit InTouch LCD monitor that incorporates 12 workout programs among them six cardio profiles, four custom user profiles, one manual, and one heart rate program so that you can personalize your workout. More to that, the fitness monitor displays the calories burned, time, pulse, count, and strokes per minute so that you can stay motivated to achieve your fitness goals.
Once you get this machine, you can be sure to have an easy time when using it since all that is required is that you use the up and down arrows to adjust the resistance on the fly, and the workout time. Also, the machine includes a heart rate chest strap that fits snugly around the body to help you track the heart rate when rowing. The heart rate program acts to adjust the magnetic tension based on the heart rate as directed by the chest strap so that you can benefit from an effective workout.
- The machine doesn’t take much floor space.
- High-quality materials and finish.
- Its foot straps are strong and sturdy.
- It operates quietly.
- Easy to assemble and move from one room to the next.
- The handle is quite narrow.
- The seat is quite firm and uncomfortable to use for a lot of minutes.
3. Concept2 Model E Indoor Rowing Machine PM5
Row your way to a tighter, stronger, and healthier body once you acquire Concept2’s rowing machine. The machine adopts a flywheel design that acts to minimize the noise while proving a smooth feel so that you can practice with peace of mind. What’s more, it features a performance monitor. The monitor provides you with accurate and comparable data so that you can adjust its intensity to suit your workout level.
Another notable feature of Concept2 rowing machine is the adjustable footrests and ergonomic handle. Because of these, you can customize these qualities to suit yours so that you can practice comfortably. Apart from that, the machine features a welded steel construction and a nickel-plated chain that allows you to use it on a daily basis with an assurance of strength. You can be sure to have an easy time when you want to carry and store this machine, thanks to its design that separates into two pieces and the caster wheels that make it easy to move.
- The rower features a high-quality design.
- Operates quietly and smoothly.
- Separates into two long sections for easy storage.
- Very stable when it is in use.
- Most of the instructions are in the form of pictures without accompanying texts making it difficult to interpret them.
- The seat isn’t fully comfortable for long exercises.
2. WaterRower Indoor Rowing Machine Signature Edition – Xeno Muller with S4 Monitor
As one of the best rowing machines, WaterRower Xeno Müller Signature Edition is a handcrafted machine that is made of solid ash wood to enhance durability, stability, as well as a quiet and smooth workout. On top of that, the machine features stained Honey Oak to enhance color consistency and a Danish oil finish meant to deliver a radiant and warm effect.
The Xeno Müller’s signature branding on the left and right rails is another feature meant to enhance style. Also, the rower comes with wide handles meant to enhance comfort and lower footrest meant to enhance a greater reach. With it, you can track your fitness and weight level due to the featured Series 4 performance monitor. The rower measures 82.25″ x 22.25″ x 20″ while in use and 20″ x 22.25″ x 82.25″ when it is stored.
- It comes with a complimentary stroke analysis and a set of fun indoor rowing workouts.
- It sounds like you are actually on the water.
- The rower is easy to assemble.
- It features an attractive and sturdy design.
- It has low footrest meant to enhance a greater reach.
1. Concept2 Model E Indoor Rowing Machine PM5
A rower that is designed to fit your fitness goals and budget is Concept2’s Model E Indoor Rowing Machine. Not only that, but it is designed to fit in small spaces making it a perfect addition to home gyms, boathouses, as well as fitness facilities. You can get this rower when looking for a machine that is designed to deliver low-impact workouts since it is designed to engage all major muscles with a smooth, and high-calorie burning motion.
Also, it serves as a perfect choice when you are in need of an indoor rower that will allow you to track your progress due to the performance monitor 5. Something else that makes this machine a great addition to any exercise routine program is its ability to self-calibrate for comparable results. In addition to that, it connects to the heart rate belts and apps wireless to enhance convenience and safety.
You can get this rower when looking for one that is designed for most users, thanks to the 14″ seat height and the adjustable footrests. Also, it serves as a great choice when looking for one that is designed to enhance comfort due to the ergonomic handles. The machine can separate into two pieces to enhance storage. Also, it includes caster wheels that make it easy to move from one place to the next. The rower can fit in a 9 x 4 feet space while it is designed to accommodate a 500-pound user capacity.
- It is easy to assemble where it requires only eight screws.
- Controlling the airflow is easy since it only requires a change of the damper.
- The air-resistance flywheel responds to every stroke.
- It allows a user to measure the progress with reliable, comparable data.
- Backlit LCD, makes it reliable in low-lit areas.
- A free ErgData app that records and stores workouts on your smartphone to enhance your motivation.
- Long rail makes it suitable for tall users.
- The seat isn’t very comfortable workouts that take a lot of time.
What is special in a rowing machine that makes most fitness trainers to recommend it when you are in the pursuit to reach your fitness goals? I think that you should find out this by purchasing one of the best rated indoor rowing machines reviewed above. Unlike competitor products, these machines are designed to help you exercise comfortably and safely to enable you to reach your goals fast. That’s not all, but you can purchase them with a guarantee of getting an indoor rower that is designed to last for long and endure the day to day practices.