With the variety of tasks awaiting you in the garage, you will want to ensure that the place is comfortable for you to work whether it is during the winter or summer. After all, we cannot deny an unbearable climate can affect your working mood to the point that you are unable to complete tasks. For this reason, you will need to shop for the best garage heater.
Such a unit should render itself effective during the winter and summer as well, where it should provide the necessary warmth during the winter and cool air during the summer. To help you locate the ideal heater, below is a review of the top 10 best 240v electric garage heaters in 2018 Review. However, let’s begin by identifying what you should consider so that you can choose the ideal heater for a garage or workshop.
How to choose the best electric garage heater:-Factors to consider
1. Location of the garage heater
Where do you plan to locate your garage heater? Or, where do you spend most of the time when you are working in your garage? Note that the place you will be using the heater from will affect your choice of the garage heater. For instance, if you want it to direct airflow to a central position, then you will be good to go with a wall or ceiling mounted heater as well as a portable heater. However, when you want it to direct heat to a particular spot such as along the wall, then you will require an infrared heater or a radiant heater that can direct the heat to the desired location.
2. Installation requirement
Once you have decided the type of heater based on the position you want to aim the heat, the next thing to consider is the type of installation. After all, you will not want to purchase a heater that will give you a difficult time when installing since this might as well result in additional costs. Therefore, if you are not a professional electrician, opt for a plug-in heater so that you will be required to plug it in and get instant heat. On the other hand, if you trust yourself to do the wiring or if you have access to a professional electrician, you can opt for a hardwired garage heater.
3. Size of the garage
Before spending any amount so that you can purchase a garage heater, you will need to pay attention to the size of the room you want to heat. In this regard, you will want to purchase a heater that is designed to heat the size of space that you want to warm up. Therefore, consider the amount of BTUs the heater can deliver, or rather consider the power output level and compare this with the size of the room in consideration.
3. Garage Heater Safety Features
While you may consider electric garage heaters safer than propane or natural gas heaters, you will still need to consider the safety measures they have in place since you will not want to deal with accidents in the garage. Therefore, be on the lookout for a heater that is equipped with safety features such as:
- Cool-touch design
The best 240V electric garage heater should include a cool-touch housing. This is particularly crucial when you deal with visitors as well as kids and pets. Therefore, ensure that you only acquire a heater that features a housing that will stay cool to the touch to avoid accidental burns.
- Tip-over switch
Imagine a scenario, where you hit your garage heater accidentally and it tips over. In addition to that, visualize your garage as a place that is covered in carpet. This means that your carpet will get burnt and worse yet, result in a potential fire. Therefore, to avoid such a scene in your garage, opt for a garage heater that includes a tip-over switch so that it can go off automatically as soon as it tips over.
- Overheat protection
Heaters run the risk of overheating when used for long hours. This means that these units are at high risk of damaging their internal parts, and you do not want to deal with repairs within months of acquiring a new garage heater. Therefore, opt for a heater that incorporates an overheat protection so that it can turn off automatically when it overheats to protect the internal parts from damage.
5. Other features/considerations
As a plus to the above features, it will not hurt if you consider other factors such as;
Adjustable Louvers- The reason is that this feature gives you the chance to be the one to decide where to direct the heat. So, ensure that you can adjust the louvers so that you can direct the heat where you need it.
Wheels and a carry handle- These features are important when you are in search of a portable garage heater. Therefore, seek to get a heater that includes wheels and a carry handle since these will make it easy for you to maneuver the heater.
Length of the power cord- Further, ensure that you get a heater that includes a long power cord. The reason behind this is that such a unit will provide a greater reach which will enhance reliability when you need to use the heater in a variety of places. So, be sure to consider that.
Cost- Last but not least, how much will you spend to purchase the heater? And; How much do you expect to incur in the long run as a result of using it? Here, I would advise you that it is better to incur high costs when purchasing the heater but spend less over the long run. Therefore, get a heater that is built with parts that will not need frequent servicing even though the initial cost will be high since that is the only way to incur fewer costs in the long run.
Top 10 best electric garage heaters reviews
Having discussed the factors that you need to pay attention to so that you can select the best 240V electric garage heater, let’s have a look at the top 10 best heaters in 2018 reviews.
10. Fahrenheat FUH1024T Industrial 240V 10,000W Electric Heater with Thermostat
This is a 10,000Watt 240Volt electric heater. The unit can heat up to 900 Square feet of a fully-insulated garage or workshop. It features an industrial-grade construction so that it can resist dents and damage. With it, you can be sure to benefit from a constant and comfortable temperature due to the built-in thermostat. The unit features a plated fin heating element that helps to provide a discharge of uniform heated air. More to that, it adopts adjustable down flow positions that enhance even heat distribution. The epoxy coating is another plus that enables the heater to resist corrosion.
- It warms up space evenly.
- High-quality build enhances durability.
- The dial that comes with it isn’t very accurate.
9. King Electric KB2410-1-B2-ECO 240V 10000W Electronic Control Garage Heater with Bracket, Thermostat and Remote Control, Gray
Heat up to 1000 square feet with this garage heater. The heater is designed to deliver unparalleled performance, user control, and energy efficiency. It comes with an infrared remote control that makes it easy to operate. More to that, it adopts an automatic 2-stage heating process with an Eco mode so that it can use the lowest heat wattage needed for a room to enhance energy efficiency.
The heater is designed to deliver maximum heat exchange due to the spiral steel fin heating element. In particular, the element helps to produce heat transfer while helping to eliminate hot spots to enhance even heating. You can acquire this heater when you are in need of one that is designed for safety due to the patented smart limit protection that shuts off the power automatically in an abnormal power event.
- An included fan and timer mode options enable the fan to work smart and not hard.
- A universal wall/ceiling mounting bracket makes the heater easy to install.
- The heater is made using high-quality components and a dynamically balanced fan blade so that it can provide years of trouble-free service.
- An option to use the fan only renders the heater useful during the summer.
- The heater is quite noisy when in operation.
8. Fahrenheat Ceiling-Mount Industrial Heater – 7500 Watt, Model# FUH724
Another product from Fahrenheit is this 7500 Watt heater. It comes with a ceiling mounting bracket that allows you to mount it vertically or horizontally for optimum heat flow. Further, the heater features an Epoxy paint finish that enables the cabinet to resist corrosion. The heater is safe to use since it is designed to shut off the current in the event of overheating. Also, it is convenient to operate since it reactivates as soon as the temperature returns to normal.
- The heater is easy to install.
- It is pretty quiet as it heats up a garage.
- No LED to show when it is running.
7. Dr. Heater 240V 6000W Garage Workshop Industrial Infrared Space Heater (2 Pack)
Do you need some heat in your workshop, garage, or industrial space? If that is the case, allow Dr. Heater Industrial Infrared Space Heater to provide the desired heat. The heater uses spiral high-grade electric heating elements that deliver low-sheath temperatures for even heating and a long life. What’s more, it features a built-in adjustable thermostat that makes it easy for you to control the temperature range.
You can mount the heater on the wall or ceiling given the included mounting wall bracket. More to that, the heater is suitable for use in quiet places due to the 8″ fan that is designed to deliver maximum airflow with minimum turbulence and noise. The heater is easy to operate due to the included switch. With it, you can be sure to have a garage heater that is built to last due to the epoxy paint finish that helps to resist corrosion.
- A high and low heat setting enhances versatility.
- Adjustable louvers allow you to customize the amount of hot air that passes through.
- Easy to operate switch allows you to set the high or low heat setting.
- LEDs allow you to know when the unit is on.
6. Electric Garage Heater Stelpro RUH5 with wall thermostat
As one of the best 240 Volts electric garage heaters, Stelpro RUH5 is a perfect choice for one who is in need of a unit that will heat up to 500 square feet. The heater is easy to use and install which makes it perfect for use by beginners as well. It comes with a wall-mounted thermostat and an included temperature range of 45-75°F. You can expect the heater to deliver an accurate room temperature at all times due to the reliable thermostat.
With it, you can be sure to save a lot when it comes to energy bills due to the 100% electricity energy efficient design. The heater is safe to use thanks to the automatic shutoff feature that guards it against overheating. Moreover, it is a great choice for people who are in need of an electric heater that is build to last since it features a high-quality steel construction.
- An 80 CFM rating means that the heater can push out more heat farther.
- A wall-mounted thermostat enhances ease of operation.
- The heater heats a room fast.
- It is easy to install.
5. Cadet RCP502SCM Electric Portable Garage Camo Heater, 5000W
As a heater that is designed to meet the needs of poorly insulated places and hard-to-heat areas, you will appreciate Cadet Electric Heater when you are in need of an electric heater that will let you warm your garage. Some of the features that make this heater a big plus is the ability to use the fan only so that you can circulate the air. More to that, the heater features a fan switch that makes it easy for you to operate the fan.
There is also a high/low switch that provides the wattage choice for your heat output so that you can customize the amount of heat that is delivered. Cadet Electric Heater is safe to use due to the high-temperature safety shutoff feature. Apart from that, it includes a built-in adjustable thermostat that enhances convenience. You can mount the heater on the wall or ceiling using the mounting hardware or leave to stand on the floor with the floor stand.
- A six-foot cord enhances a greater reach.
- The heater meets the UL safety standards to guarantee safety.
- A rugged construction enables the heater to withstand bumps, dings, cold winters, and debris build up.
- An ultra-portable design makes it easy for you to redesign the position fo the heater.
- The heater is available in 20 Amp and 30 Amp models.
- It makes some noise when operating.
4. King KBP2406 5700-Watt MAX 240-Volt Single Phase Paw Unit Heater, Almond
Taking the fourth position is King’s Paw Unit Heater which serves as an ideal choice when you are in need of the best heater for commercial applications. The heater is designed using quality components so that it can resist different elements. More to that, it features a flow-through design that helps to move air by pulling it from the back and discharge it from the front making it ideal for heating a large space.
You can use the heater to meet an area’s heating needs due to the exclusive Pic-A-Watt element. In particular, the element lets you select from a range of options where you can choose a lower wattage for heating smaller rooms and a higher wattage for larger rooms. The heater includes a Summer Fan Only Switch so that you can use it to deliver comfort all year round. Also, it features a built-in thermostat that enhances convenience and ease of operation.
- It is easy to unplug a wire so that you can select the ideal wattage during installation.
- A label that features the thermostat degrees and control switch settings enhances easy operation.
- A patented smart limit protection helps to turn off the heater automatically in an abnormal power event to enhance safety.
- A universal wall/ceiling mounting brackets makes it easy for you to install the heater.
- The heater can heat a space of up to 600 square feet with up to 13000 BTUs.
- It operates quietly.
- The heater doesn’t include a remote control.
3. Dr. Heater DR966 240-volt Hardwired Shop Garage Commercial Heater, 3000-watt/6000-watt
Are you in search of the best 240V garage heater that will deliver safe and comfortable heat within a short time? If so, I recommend Dr. Heater DR966. This is a heavy-duty heater that features a rugged stamped steel front cover to guarantee durability. More to that, it features a gray epoxy paint to protect the casing from corrosion. The heater includes five adjustable louvers so that you can control the amount and direction of airflow. With it, you can be sure to have a heater that is safe to use since it is UL/CUL listed.
The unit uses spiral steel metal sheath electric heating elements with low sheath temperatures so that it can deliver uniform heat and guarantee a long service life. Moreover, it includes an adjustable thermostat with a High and Low heat setting making it easy for you to select the amount of heat that is delivered. You can expect the heater to distribute heat gently due to the 8″ fan that is designed to provide maximum airflow with minimum noise and turbulence.
- An included mounting bracket allows you to mount the heater on the ceiling or wall.
- An enclosed, permanently lubricated, and thermally-protected ball bearing motor guarantees a long life and low maintenance.
- The heater is easy to install.
- It features a compact design that fits in different spaces.
- The fan makes some noise.
- The thermostat is very sensitive which makes the heater to turns on and off severally.
2. King Electric GH2405TB 240V 5000W Garage Heater with Bracket and Thermostat, Gray
Take control of your comfort in the garage by allowing King Electric GH2405TB 240V garage heater to warm up your space. The heater includes a built-in thermostat so that you can adjust the temperature level. What’s more, it features adjustable louvers that allow you to direct the air up or down so that you can distribute the heat to various spots. The heater is built to last, thanks to the long life motor. Further, it is designed to guarantee safety due to the patented Smart Limit Protection that shuts off the power to the heater in case of an abnormal power event.
You can use the heater to warm up large spaces since it includes spiral finned steel elements whereas it adopts a high air volume meant to ensure efficient heat exchange and eliminate the potential for hotspots. The heater can help you save much cost in the long term since it combines high-quality components with a dynamically balanced fan blade that enables it to provide trouble-free service for years. Once you get it, installation shouldn’t be a bother since it comes with a universal mounting bracket allows you to mount the heater on the wall or ceiling.
- It is easy to install.
- A high/low power switch allows you to fine-tune the heat output.
- LED lights that indicate when the heater is on or when the temperature is too high to enhance safety.
- The heater can deliver enough heat to heat up to 800 square feet.
- It throws a lot of heat at a time to enable it to warm spaces fast.
- Its fan operates quietly.
- The wiring instructions are quite confusing.
1. Fahrenheat FUH54 240-volt Garage Heater, 2500-5000-watt
Direct the heat where you need it once you get Fahrenheat FUH54. The heater features adjustable louvers so that you can direct the heat wherever you need it. Apart from that, it features a built-in ceiling mount bracket that provides for horizontal or vertical mounting. You can customize the amount of heat delivered by the unit since it includes a single pole thermostat that adjusts from 45º to 135º Fahrenheit. The heater is suitable for use in basement, garages, outside buildings and workshops since it features a rugged and heavy-duty build to enhance durability.
- It is easy to install.
- The heater heats a room quickly and efficiently.
- It delivers the right amount of heat so that you are not uncomfortable to be around it.
- The heater requires professional installation since it should be hardwired and not plugged in.
For most of us, a garage is more than a place where you can store unused items and cars. In fact, outdoor enthusiasts consider a garage as a sanctuary since most of their work happens in here. Therefore, if you are looking for the best gift for a woodworker, hobbyist, or mechanic, then you will not go wrong once you acquire any of the top 10 best 240V electric garage heaters reviewed above. Moreso, you can purchase one of these heaters so that you can warm your workshop, shop, or garage during the winter and rest assured to appreciate spending more time in such areas.